Patient Safety Protocols
Welcome Back! Please read below to learn what to expect at your next appointment.
We are so excited to welcome you back to the office! We thank you all so very much for your patience and understanding as we reopen. Please take note of our new protocols to keep you or your child safe as possible!
Office Air-Cleaning Strategies
We partnered with local HVAC company AAA Energy Service to design and install a professional air-cleaning system. It exhausts air from our Clinical Area and treats the air with the latest technologies available. This creates a much safer environment for our patients and staff.
The air from our clinical area is exhausted and treated once every 3.7 minutes. That’s 16 air-changes per hour!
Once exhausted, the air is:
- Exposed to medical grade UVC lights (254 nm) which inactivates microorganisms.
- Air flows past a bi-polar ionization generator, the device emits positive and negative ions, creating a plasma region that actively purifies the air, killing mold, bacteria and viruses.
- Filtered through HEPA filters with rated efficiency of 99.99% @ 0.3 microns or larger. The novel coronavirus itself is 0.125 microns, but the droplets it travels in—when people cough, talk, or breathe—initially are larger, around 1 micron. That’s a size easily captured by HEPA filters.
- Our Clinical Treatment Area has been converted to a negative pressure zone, mirroring critical care hospital suites to constantly maintain clean air.
- Implementation of two styles of additional high speed evacuation units to absorb 89-98% of aerosolization when removing orthodontic adhesives.
- Touch-free fixtures throughout the office to minimize cross contamination.